Barnyard Millet Cutlet Recipe
Barnyard Millet Cutlet
- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 34
- Cooking: 34
- Calories: 100
- Difficulty: easy
Millet Cutlets/Patties is a simple and healthy dish that can be had for lunch, as a tea time snack, as a party snack or can be packed in kids lunch box. I have also shared a quick sauce or dip which goes well with the millet cutlets. Lets learn how to make millet/samai cutlets following this easy recipe with step wise pictures.
- Cook barnyard millet in boiling water and fluff it with a fork and leave it to cool.
- Mix channa dal flour with curd and keep it aside. Boil potatoes and all vegetables.
- In a pan, heat oil add finely chopped onions, green chilli, garlic, ginger and sauté until onions turns transparent.
- Then add salt, pepper powder, chaat masala, turmeric, cooked vegetables and millet. Then add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Cook further for few more minutes.
- When cool, divide the mixture equally and shape into cutlet, press bread crumbs over it and shallow fry on both sides until golden brown or deep fry them in oil.
- Serve hot with sauce.