Barnyard Millet Roti Recipe
Barnyard Millet Roti
Barnyard Millet 598
- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 34
- Cooking: 34
- Calories: 100
- Difficulty: easy
Barnyard millet is popularly consumed as rice, the following recipe describes procedure to make roti from sprouted whole grain barnyard millet.
- Soak barnyard millet seeds (along with husk, no need to dehusk) overnight.
- Drain the water and tie the seeds in a wet cloth and keep in a dark cool place to sprout for 24 hours.
- Later untie the cloth, spread the seeds, shade dry them for two days and later grind them to a fine flour in a flour mill.
- Take one cup flour, salt to taste and add some water to the dough in parts, begin to knead the dough.
- The final dough consistency should not be very soft or hard. While tawa is getting hot, start patting the dough ball into a flat round circle.
- Place roti on tawa, apply water to the top surface and cook on both sides till slightly crisp.
- Serve hot with junaka and green gram palya.