Mandiya Cookies Recipe
Barnyard Millet 274
- Serves: 10 People
- Prep Time: 34
- Cooking: 120
- Calories: 100
- Difficulty: medium
I halved the sugar and replaced it with jaggery or raw sugar. This recipe can be easily tweaked to suit babies and kids.
- Shift the ragi flour, wheat flour and baking powder together.
- Add the cold butter to the flour mixture and mix it with your hand.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Add one or two tablespoons of milk to make the dough softer.
- Take care not to add more milk as the dough will become runny and cannot be used after that.
- Roll the dough into a ball and refrigerate for half an hour. After half a hour, divide the dough into small balls and flatten it on your palm to make round cookies.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray, and with help of fork, make 3-4 stripes on the cookies to ensure even baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes at 180°C.
- Keep checking in between as the cookies may cook faster than expected. When they start browning at the edges, it's time to remove them.
- Cool them on a wire rack and store in an airtight container. If stored properly, they can last up to 15 days.