Foxtail Millet Dosa Recipe
Foxtail Millet Dosa
- Serves: 10 People
- Prep Time: 480
- Cooking: 30
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
A dosa is a cooked flat thin layered rice batter, originating from the South India, made from a fermented batter. It is somewhat similar to a crepe in appearance. Its main ingredients are rice and black gram ground together in a fine, smooth batter with a dash of salt.
- Wash and soak foxtail millet rice in water for 4 hours in a bowl.
- Mix fenugreek seeds with blackgram and soak it for 3 hours in a separate bowl.
- Add little water to foxtail millet rice and grind it till it turns into paste and keep it a bowl.
- Add little water to blackgram-fenugreek seeds mix and grind it till it becomes paste.
- Mix both blackgram batter and foxtail millet rice batter.
- Ferment the mix for 4hours. In winter, ferment it overnight.
- Add two cups of water to the batter to make it less thick. Add salt and mix well.
- Apply a tea spoon of oil on the preheated dosa making tawa.
- Pour the batter on it, spread with scoop into thin round shape. Fry till crisp dosa is obtained.
- Serve hot with chutney or Samvar.