Foxtail Millet Kheer/Payasam Recipe
Foxtail Millet Kheer/Payasam
- Serves: 30 People
- Prep Time: 10
- Cooking: 40
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Kheer or Firni is a pudding, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling milk and sugar with one of the following: rice, broken wheat, tapioca, vermicelli, or sweet corn. It is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios, almonds or other dry fruits and nuts
- Wash foxtail millet rice and keep aside it a bowl.
- Take a medium sized pan and heat ghee in it till it becomes hot.
- Roast cashew and raisin in ghee and keep aside in a bowl.
- Put foxtail millet rice in the pan and heat in ghee on a low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add one liter of water to milk. Boil the milk in a separate vessel.
- Add roasted foxtail millet rice to boiled milk and cook it for around 20 minutes.
- Add sugar to the mix and stir slowly for 10 to15 minutes until it is cooked.
- Add cardamom powder and decorate the mix with cashew nuts and raisin.
- Serve it hot or cold as per preference.
- (You can add Milk maid for better taste. Kheer with Little millet rice/Banyard millet rice/kodo millet rice /proso millet rice can also be made in similar way).