Kodo Millet Upma Recipe
Kodo Millet Upma
- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 34
- Cooking: 34
- Calories: 100
- Difficulty: easy
This Kodo Millet Upma is an one bowl meal for your Summer lunch ,those day when you don’t want much oily stuff in your plate. Celiac sufferers can turn to millet as their source of grains as they are Gluten-free. Millet provides the most energy, as well as the most fat and B-vitamins.
- Wash kodo millet two or three times, then drain water completely and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds when it splutters, add blackgram dal, chanadal, curry leaves and green chillies.
- Then add onions, ginger, turmeric, saute till onions turns golden brown. Add carrots, beans, and potato saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add kodo millet, saute for 1 minute, till everything combines.
- Then add water and salt. When water starts boiling close the lid and cook in moderate flame for 3 whistles.
- When pressure subsides, open the lid and serve hot with any type of chutney or sambar.