Little Millet Idli Recipe
Little Millet Idli
- Serves: 15 People
- Prep Time: 500
- Cooking: 20
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Idli is a soft, pillowy steamed savory cake made from rice and lentil batter. the lentils used in making idli are urad dal (black gram). idli is a traditional breakfast made in every south indian household.
- Wash blackgram thoroughly with water till it is clean.
- Mix fenugreek seeds with washed blackgram and soak the mix for 4 hours.
- Wash little millet rice thoroughly with water till it is clean and soak it for 4 hour and grind it .
- Grind the soaked blackgram, fenugreek seeds mix till batter turns into smooth paste.
- Leave the batter for fermentation for 4 hours.
- Mix curd and salt in to batter for smooth idli. Allow it to ferment 30 minute.
- Pour batter in to Idli moulds and steam cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with Sambar or chutney.