Little Millet Khichdi Recipe
Little Millet Khichdi
- Serves: 15 People
- Prep Time: 30
- Cooking: 25
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Khichdi, is a dish from the Indian subcontinent made from rice and lentils, but other variations include bajra and mung dal kichri. In Indian culture, it is considered one of the first solid foods that babies eat. Hindus, who avoid eating grains during fasting
- Wash green gram and soak it in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Wash little millet rice and keep aside in a bowl.
- Chop onion, green chilli and vegetables.
- Take a medium sized pan and heat the oil/ ghee
- Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaf, chopped onion, green chilli and stir fry it in a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add all the vegetables, turmeric powder, tomato and stir fry for 5 to 10 minutes on low flame.
- Add green gram, water and heat it on medium flame till water boils.
- Once water starts boiling, Pour little millet rice in to the pan. Add salt as per taste.
- Cover the pan with a plate and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Keep stirring at regular intervals and check if the little millet rice is cooked or not.
- After completion of cooking, garnish with chopped coriander leaf.
- Little millet rice kichdi is ready to eat.