Little Millet Tomato Rice Recipe
Little Millet Tomato Rice
- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 34
- Cooking: 34
- Calories: 100
- Difficulty: easy
Little Millet Tomato Rice Recipe is a delicious way of cooking the little millets flavoured with spicy tomatoes. The little millets are first cooked on their own, later a spicy tomato rice paste is prepared and the millets are tossed into it. It also makes for a healthy alternative to rice. Little Millets are pretty heavy and keeps you full for hours, hence it is advised to consume the millets in small portions at a time. Serve the Little Millet Tomato Rice Recipe (Little Millet Tomato Rice) along with Tomato Onion Cucumber Raita Recipe for lunch.
- Wash little millet and soak for 15 min.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add mustard seeds and let its splutter.
- Then add bengal gram, urad dal sauté for some time.
- Then add onion, ginger, green chilli, green peas, carrot, curry leaves and saute.
- Add tomato, turmeric and red chilli powder mix well till soft.
- Add water and salt and mix well and let it boil.
- Then add little millet mix well then cover it and cook for 3 whistle.
- Then add coriander leaves mix well and serve hot with coconut chutney or pickle.