Little Millet Upma Recipe
Little Millet Upma
- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 10
- Cooking: 25
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: easy
Upma, uppumavu or uppittu is a dish originating from the Indian subcontinent, most common in South Indian, Maharashtrian, and Sri Lankan Tamil breakfast, cooked as a thick porridge from dry-roasted semolina or coarse millet flour.
- Clean the little millet rice and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Chop green chili, onion and vegetables finely and keep it in a separate bowl.
- Grate ginger and add it to the bowl.
- Take a medium sized pan and heat oil till it becomes hot.
- Add Bengal gram and Black gram to the pan. Stir fry till they become light brown.
- Add mustard seeds, grated ginger, curry leaves, onion and green chilli and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes till onions turn translucent.
- Add finely chopped mixed veggies, chopped tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, water and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When the water starts to boil, add little millet rice and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes on low flame till water is absorbed and little millet looks cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Served with chutney or curry.