Pearl Millet Khichdi Recipe
Pearl Millet Khichdi
- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 34
- Cooking: 34
- Calories: 100
- Difficulty: easy
Today's recipe has been on my to-make list since the last mega marathon we had in April. Bajra/ Pearl Millet/ Sajjalu was one of the most popular ingredient used in Haryana cuisine.
It takes a while to cook bajra, using the pressure cooker is one of the quickest methods. This is a very hearty and filling meal. Both my kids loved it too. I added some mixed veggies to the dish to make it more substantial.
- Soak pearl millet grain and moong dal over night.
- Boil all the vegetables in a pressure cooker.
- Add soaked, washed pearl millet grain, moong dal, all the vegetables, green chilli, salt, turmeric powder and 4 cups water and cook for 3-4 whistles. In a pan sauté onion, green chilli, asofoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds in oil.
- Add red chili powder, and mix cooked millet grain well, simmer for 2-3 mins, adjust salt if required.
- Season with coriander leaves and lemon juice and serve hot.